Language Documentation and Linguistic Theory 5
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 2 December 2016Time: 9:00 AM
Finishes: 4 December 2016Time: 5:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings
Type of Event: Conference
LDLT5 aims to bring together researchers working on linguistic theory and language documentation and description, with a particular focus on innovative work on under-described or endangered languages.
Programme and abstracts
The programme for the main conference sessions, which take place on Saturday 3rd December and Sunday 4th December can be accessed here (updated 30/11/2016).
Abstracts for the main conferences sessions can be accessed here.
In addition to the main programme, there will be the following pre-conference sessions, starting on Friday 2 December:
- 'Information structure and discourse in the minority languages of the Russian Federation' (programme, abstracts)
- 'Small-scale multilingualism and linguistic theory' (programme)
- Mapping Language: A 3-hour workshop including introduction to CartoDB (2-5pm, Friday 2nd December, room 346, SOAS Main Building; further details; workshop slides)
The plenary presentations for this event will be given by:
Aditi Lahiri ("Constraints on phonological diversity: Evidence from change, production and comprehension"), Saturday 3rd December, 2pm
Ian Maddieson ("Language documentation for communities and language documentation for science – the view from phonetics"), Sunday 4th December, 2pm
Online registration is now available here. Payment must be made online as part of the registration process.
Registration fees are £50 for students and £100 for non-students.
Registered participants are entitled to attend both days of the main conference and any of the pre-conference workshops on Friday 2nd December. In order to attend any part of the conference or pre-conference workshops, full fees must be paid.
The conference dinner will be held at Salaam Namaste on the evening of Saturday 3rd December. The price is £30. Conference participants who wish to attend the dinner need to select that option in addition to the appropriate conference fee on the online registration form. Payment must be in advance, at the time of registration.
- Deadline for abstract submission: Sunday 5 June 2016
- Early bird registration ends: Monday 10 October 2016
- Registration ends: Friday 2 December 2016 (Note: on-site registration at the event is not possible)
- Pre-conference sessions: Friday 2 December 2016 onwards
- Main Conference session: Saturday 3 & Sunday 4 December 2016
The local organising committee consists of:
- Aicha Belkadi
- Alexander Cobbinah
- Hannah Gibson
- Rozenn Guérois
- Charlotte Hemmings
- Nathan Hill
- Christopher Lucas
- Sandy Ritchie
- Sophie Salffner
- Mandana Seyfeddinipur
All enquiries should be directed to email@example.com