SCONUL Access is a reciprocal scheme which allows many university library users to borrow or use books and journals at other libraries which belong to the scheme. The scheme covers most of the university libraries in the UK and Ireland.
SOAS Library enables borrowing access from other University or Colleges in the scheme as follows:
- Band A: Staff and research students
- Band B: Part-time, distance learning and placement students
- Band C: Taught postgraduate students
Note: SOAS Library no longer offers reference access for Undergraduate students under Band R due to demands for space and resources. As this is a reciprocal scheme, SOAS Undergraduate student cannot access other institutions under Band R.
Visit: SCONUL Access enter your status, select the library you would like to visit and complete the application form.
- You will then receive an e-mail (allow a minimum of 2 working days) regarding your acceptance into the scheme - you only need to apply once
- Once you have the e-mail, take a copy of this and your SOAS ID with you to the Library you would like to visit
Please note the following are not eligible under the SCONUL Access Scheme:
- SOAS Alumni
- Staff at SOAS under Academic Hospitality
- Summer School students
- Language Centre students
Some University of London Colleges may not be participating in the SCONUL Access Scheme, so please ensure that you check details on the SCONUL website before visiting. The SONUL Access Scheme does not affect existing reciprocal arrangements between SOAS and other University of London Colleges.