on- campus use
off campus use
Contains over 280 variables, divided into the following major categories: Gross domestic product, Fiscal and monetary indicators, Demographics and income, Foreign payments, External debt stock, External debt service, External trade, Quarterly, and for some countries, Monthly indicators. Covering 150 countries, this powerful database contains more than a million individual data points-covering over 280 series and running from 1980 to 2008. Updated monthly.
- Business Source Complete [ on campus use ] [ off campus use ] contains some country reports.
- UK Data Service [ on campus use ] [ off campus use ] is a comprehensive source of data, covering key economic and social data, both quantitative and qualitative. Including World Development Indicators, OECD, ILO, IMF and UN data.
- CIA World Factbook provides basic country level data produced for US policymakers and coordinated throughout the US Intelligence Community.
- BBC News Country Profiles provide basic information on topics such as press freedom and key events, alongside audio and video clips from BBC archives.
- UN Data contains lots of UN metrics for different countries- ranging from agricultural production to the World Statistics Pocketbook.
- Global Edge Insights by Country statistical data for nearly every country around the world. In addition to statistics, historical, economic, and political conditions are available.
- A M Best is a global credit rating agency with a unique focus on the insurance industry. They produce free short briefing papers about the various risks of investing in countries.
- Coface a French company specialising in export credit insurance, provides limited economic data for countries- including the option to run a brief comparision.