Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Jessica Whelligan
- Email address:
- SOAS University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Office No:
- Academic Support Hours:
- Thurs 4-5pm by appt: https://tinyurl.com/y666gj2e
Jess is a doctoral researcher in the Department of Development Studies. Her research focuses on the implementation of bus rapid transit (BRT) systems in the cities of the global South with a focus on labour movements and the informal transport economy. She has a particular interest in the implementation of BRT systems in Colombia.
Jess holds a BSc degree in Politics and Philosophy (Bristol) and an MA in International Law (SOAS). Prior to starting her PhD she worked for a number of years as a researcher in the international trade union movement, focusing particularly on informal work, multinational companies, international supply chains and worker education.
The dates for longer office hours are as follows:
- Thursday 31st October, 4-6pm
- Thursday 14th November, 4-6pm
- Thursday 5th December, 4-6pm
- Thursday 12th December, 4-6pm