VP Kanitkar Memorial Scholarships
- Deadline date
- Tuition fees, plus a maintenance
The VP Kanitkar Memorial Scholarships are available for postgraduates to support a taught masters in Religious Studies with reference to Hinduism and a taught masters in Anthropology with reference to Hindu culture in South Asia. Each scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees and provides a maintenance.
- A taught masters in Religious Studies with Reference to Hinduism
- A taught masters in Anthropology with Reference to Hindu culture in South Asia
- Full-time MA South Asian Area Studies
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- New scholarship applicants must have applied to SOAS but are not required to have received an offer of admissions by the scholarship deadline. An offer will need to have been received by the time the relevant panel meets to discuss scholarship applications.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Please note that this scholarship does not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship application deadline
- Applications must be received no later than 12:00 (UK local time) on 28 April 2023.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must also submit a complete online application to your programme. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should prepare to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of results
Please note that due to the competitive nature of the award only the successful candidates will be notified by the end of July 2023. If you have not heard from us by the end of July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship application procedures
Applicants should follow the following steps:
Step 1: Apply for the programme
For guidance to apply for postgraduate admission and information on what makes an application, please see how to apply (PG)
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship by 12:00 (UK local time) on 28 April 2023.
You must apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form
For enquiries, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)20 7074 5090