VP Kanitkar Memorial Scholarships
- Deadline date
The VP Kanitkar Memorial Scholarships are available for postgraduates to support a taught masters in Religious Studies with reference to Hinduism and a taught masters in Anthropology with reference to Hindu culture in South Asia. Each scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees and provides a maintenance.
A taught masters in Religious Studies with Reference to Hinduism.
- the full-time MA History
- the full-time MA Religion in Global Politics
- the full-time MA Traditions of Yoga and Meditation
- the full-time MSc Development Studies (with reference to South Asia)
- the full-time MSc Politics of Asia (South Asia pathway) MSc Politics of Asia (South Asia pathway)
A taught masters in Anthropology with Reference to Hindu culture in South Asia
- the full-time MA South Asian Area Studies
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- New scholarship applicants must have applied to SOAS but are not required to have received an offer of admissions by the scholarship deadline. An offer will need to have been received by the time the relevant panel meets to discuss scholarship applications.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2022 . If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship application deadline
- Applications must be received no later than 2 3:59 (UK local time) on 2 May 2022 .
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must also submit a complete online application to your programme. It is recommended to apply for the programme by 21 March 2022 to ensure you have an offer by the scholarship deadline. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should prepare to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July 2022. If you have not heard from us by the end of August, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship application procedures
You should follow two steps:
STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a complete online application for admission .
STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 23:59 (UK local time) on 2 May 2022 .
You must apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form
For enquiries, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)20 7074 5106