Week beginning Monday 29 May 2017
- Adding English: Language Learning and La République Démocratique du Congo
Kathleen Malu (William Paterson University, USA)
- SOAS Information Session - Kolkata
Kolkata - India
- Symposium: Disability in North Korea
Mun-chol Kim (Committee of the Korean Federation for the Protection of the Disabled); James Hoare (SOAS); Mike Cowin (UK FCO); Kee Park (Harvard Medical School)
- Censorship and Freedom of Speech in a Comparative Context: The Case of Contemporary Tamil Literature
Professor S. Shankar (University of Hawai'i at Mānoa)
In 2014 Tamil writer Murugan was attacked for describing caste practices of ritual sex within a temple in his novel. Shankar’s purpose is to uncover the vernacular conditions within which censorship becomes possible.
- No Choice
- SOAS Information Session - New Delhi
New Delhi - India
- Financial Culture and Financial Regulation Conference
Half day conference looking at the importance of institutional culture in financial services firms.
- The Writing on the Wall: Rethinking the International Law of Occupation
Speakers: Matthew Craven; Hagar Kotef; and Nimer Sultany
The Centre for the study of Colonialism, Empire and International Law invites you to a Book Launch.
- Freedom of expression and independent media in India
Paranjoy Guha Thakurta
- Tamil Studies Beyond Empires: Why India Celebrates Bartholomaeus Ziegenbalg (2013, 69 minutes) directed by Christopher Gilbert
Christopher Gilbert (Producer), Discussion Chaired by Dr. Stephen Hughes, Department of Anthropology and Sociology, SOAS
- Bangalore Private Appointments
Bangalore - India
- SOAS Centenary Event - Youth, Cinema and War in Iran
SOAS Centenary Event exploring themes of youth, cinema and war in Iran.
- The Territorialization of Memory: The Making of Place of Memory for the Sewol Ferry Accident
Prof. Hae Ran Shin (Seoul National University)