Week beginning Monday 24 January 2022
- Gorillas Can Dance: Lessons from Microsoft and Other Corporations on Partnering with Startups
Professor Shameen Prashantham (Professor of International Business & Strategy, and Associate Dean (MBA), China Europe International Business School)
This presentation draws upon Professor Shameen Prashantham's recent book synthesizing insights for multinational corporation managers on challenges associated with partnering with startups and associated strategies to overcome these.
- Siyah Zibast, Black is beautiful
With Siyah Zibast, Black is beautiful, the Collective for Black Iranians invites you for a conversation about the importance of language in identity formation and in seeing ourselves.
- The Job Market for Foreign Talent in Taiwan
Speaker: Alan McIvor
- EARS Event Invitation - Researching and Curating Kawanabe Kyōsai
Dr Koto Sadamura
- Panel - PhD Panel I: Securing Alliances, Projecting Strength in the Middle East and Central Asia
Speaker 1: Mesrob Kassemdjian (SOAS); Speaker 2: Dr. Mehdi Beyad (SOAS); Speaker 3: Dr. Magsud Mammadov; Discussants: Dr. Avinash Paliwal (SOAS); Dr. Karabekir Akkoyunlu (SOAS)
- Shaping the Conversation: Decolonising Film with Nigerian Women Filmmakers
Kemi Adetiba, Omoni Oboli and Tope Oshin
- Udagawa Youan (1798-1846), Pioneer of Botany and Chemistry Studies in Japan from Western Sources
Dr Yona Siderer (Edelstein Center for the History and Philosophy of Science, Technology and Medicine, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Yona Siderer presents European scientific sources that were introduced to Japan during the 1800s and started Japan's scientific modernization.
- Entangled histories of (unfinished) colonial occupation: Somali resistance and the making of an imperial frontier in Jubaland, c.1890-1918
Anna Bruzzone (SOAS University of London)
- Christèle Barois
- YCW London Mentorship Programme: Call for Mentee Applications
The Programme will run from January - December 2022, during which time mentors and mentees will have the opportunity to meet regularly to discuss career opportunities, aspirations and growth.