Clearing at SOAS
Clearing is closed and will open in Summer 2024
What is Clearing?
Clearing is part of the UCAS application process. It helps students who have not yet secured a university place to find and apply for a course.
You can use Clearing if:
- You have received your results for all qualifications undertaken
- You are applying via UCAS after June
- You did not receive any UCAS offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- You did not meet the conditions of your UCAS offers
- You have paid the multiple choice application fee with UCAS
- You have declined your firm place using the 'decline my place' button in UCAS Hub
- You have changed your mind and want to apply for a different programme or to a different institution
Preparing for Clearing
SOAS has a wide range of courses available through Clearing. Browse our Undergraduate courses to find the right course for you.
How to apply
Clearing applications must be made by calling the Clearing Hotline. We will not accept applications that are referred to us through UCAS without a clearing application being made through the Clearing Hotline.
Step by step
- Call the SOAS Clearing Hotline to enquire about a place in Clearing
- The Hotline operator will ask about your qualifications, grades, and preferred programme
- If you meet the entry requirements, they will submit an application on your behalf
- Admissions will review your application and send one of the following emails:
- Making you an offer on your chosen programme
- Making you an offer on an alternative programme
- Advising your application has been unsuccessful
- Requesting further information (if we do not have enough information to complete our assessment or cannot see your qualifications in UCAS because you are holding an offer elsewhere)
To accept your offer: you must ‘refer yourself’ to SOAS through your UCAS Hub
If you haven’t applied through UCAS yet, you will need to create a UCAS application and then ‘refer yourself’ to SOAS
After you refer yourself to SOAS in UCAS: we will 'accept you’ in UCAS (you will be able to see this acceptance in your UCAS Hub).
Validating your offer
If your Clearing application is successful, you must refer yourself to SOAS through your UCAS Hub by the deadline specified in your offer email.
If you fail to refer yourself to SOAS through UCAS within your validity period, we cannot guarantee it will be possible to proceed with your application. Only offers confirmed via UCAS will be considered formal and enrolment information will only be provided to these offer holders.