Welcome to IFCELS
We are one of the leading centres for foundation and pathway study in the UK and bring 35 years' experience and expertise to our innovative programmes. These integrate expert lectures and seminars in subjects across the Social Sciences and Humanities, with subject-specific academic English language support and development.
We offer a range of programmes for students from outside the UK including preparation for university degrees, language improvement, study abroad and short courses.
The programmes are flexible and allow students to create their own pathway to a degree by choosing from a range of subjects, including: Business/Management/Finance, Economics, Media, Law, Politics, International Relations, Development Studies, Media and Communications, Culture, History, Art and Literature.
We are part of one of the world’s most international universities, with over half of SOAS students coming from outside the UK.
We are based on the SOAS Campus in Central London. Our students are full members of the SOAS community. This means they have access to the all the facilities and activities available to degree students, including the world renowned SOAS Library and the 200+ clubs and societies run by the SOAS Student Union.
About our programmes and how to apply
- ICC International Foundation Programme - Academic development, English language and study skills preparation for high school students wishing to go on to an undergraduate degree at SOAS or other UK universities.
- FDPS Pre-master's Programme - Academic development, English language, study and research skills preparation for university students wanting to prepare for a Master’s programme at SOAS or other UK universities.
- ELAS (English Language and Academic Studies) - A flexible modular programme with two entry points a year combining intensive academic English with academic subject study.
- Access to English Academic Studies - A part-time, online English course, from April to July, for intermediate-level students who are preparing for future academic study.
- Pre-Sessional Courses -Intensive academic English development during the summer before starting degree-level study at SOAS.
- Summer Programme -A range of English language or academic subject courses and study for 3, 6 or 9 weeks on our central London-based campus.
- In-sessional English - Free English language courses to support SOAS degree students.
- TEAP (Teaching English for Academic Purposes) - Training course for English teachers who want to work in EAP or to upgrade their knowledge and skill.
New Online English Course:We are pleased to announce a new part-time online English course which will run from 26th April - 23rd July 2021. The Access to English Academic Studies course is perfect for students who would like to develop their English and academic study skills in preparation for future academic study. The course combines academic lectures and seminars with related academic English classes and is most suitable for students with an intermediate level of English, equivalent to IELTS 4.5-5.5. The course will involve live classes and self-study preparation and homework and as it is part-time it be taken alongside other study or work commitments.
Scholarships:We are pleased to announce that the International Foundation Ambassadors Scholarships scheme is now open to all ICC Foundation, FDPS Pre-master's and ELAS (two terms) students. Each of the four scholarships is worth £3500 and is awarded to students who want to play an active role in the SOAS community, engage with IFCELS students and support the IFCELS Department. More information about the scholarships and the application process can be found on our Scholarships page.
Early Bird Discounts:As in previous years we are offering a £500 discount to students who accept their ICC Foundation or FDPS Pre-master's offer early. Provided that the offer is accepted and the £1000 deposit is received by 30th April 2021, £500 will be deducted from the outstanding fee balance.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for future studentsThe current coronavirus pandemic is having an impact on universities and educational programmes around the world. The next few months are likely to be unpredictable, so we have tried to provide clear information for our future students through our Coronavirus FAQs. This will be updated as the situation develops.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7898 4800