- SOAS information sessions for offer holders in China: Find out more about SOAS. Meet staff and alumni. Make contact with other students coming to SOAS this year. ICC and FDPS offer holders are invited to attend these sessions on 19 March in Shanghai and on 25 March in Beijing. Click on Shanghai or Beijing for further information and registration.
- SUMMER 2019 NEWS
- Summer in London. Save up to £1250 by booking 13 or more weeks study from the end of April. Click here for full details.
- The new 2019 Summer Programme brochure is now available. Check out our range of English language and Subject Courses and apply here.
- Prize draw: win a free 3-week summer course. Accept your Summer Course offer by June 14 and you will be entered in our prize draw. The lucky winner will receive a full refund of their fees for one 3-week course or they can book an extra 3-week block free.
- Entrance tests in China: In March and April we will be running tests in 5 cities including our first ever test in Xi'an. Click here for full details.
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 Prizewinners on ICC, FDPS and ELAS, who were presented with their certificates by the SOAS Pro-director for Learning and Teaching, Professor Deborah Johnston, at the IFCELS welcome reception on 11 October.
- Applications are now open for ICC and FDPS in September 2019. Dates, fees and application forms are on the ICC Foundation and FDPS Pre-master’s programme pages. The Early Bird Discount scheme for ICC and FDPS will be running again this year – accept your offer within a month of the date of the offer and before 31 May and save £500 on your fees.
- No increase in FDPS Fees for 2019: they are frozen this year at £17,500 with Early Bird Discount (£18,000 full fee).
- FDPS Progression Scholarships will be running again for the fifth year. Full details are here.
We provide a range of university preparation and language improvement programmes for international students. Since 1985 over 3000 students have gone on to undergraduate and postgraduate courses at British universities.
- International Foundation Programme (Intermediate Certificate Course in Comparative International Studies) - a ten-month programme of academic and language preparation for undergraduate university study in the UK in social sciences, humanities, business and law
- Pre-master's Programme (Foundation Diploma for Postgraduate Studies) - a ten-month pre-master's programme of academic and language preparation for postgraduate study in the UK
- English Language and Academic Studies - a flexible programme of intensive academic English combined with an academic subject and a language/culture course for 3, 6 or 9 months
- Pre-Sessional Courses - 4, 8 and 12 week language improvement courses for students going on to university courses in October each year
- Summer Courses - 3-week courses combining academic and English language study
- In-sessional Academic English and Study Skills - courses to support international students with their studies at SOAS
- Teaching English for Academic Purposes - a course designed for teachers who teach/intend to teach English for Academic purposes to undergraduate or postgraduate students
Details of international visits by IFCELS staff members
- 020 7898 4800