- Congratulations to our 2017-18 Prizewinners on ICC, FDPS and ELAS, who were presented with their certificates by the SOAS Pro-director for Learning and Teaching, Professor Deborah Johnston, at the IFCELS welcome reception on 11 October.
- Applications are now open for ICC and FDPS in September 2019. Dates, fees and application forms are on the ICC Foundation and FDPS Pre-master’s programme pages. The Early Bird Discount scheme for ICC and FDPS will be running again this year – accept your offer within a month of the date of the offer and before 31 May and save £500 on your fees.
- No increase in FDPS Fees for 2019: they are frozen this year at £17,500 with Early Bird Discount (£18,000 full fee).
- FDPS Progression Scholarships will be running again for the fifth year. Full details are here.
- IFCELS staff will be visiting at least 10 countries in 2018-19. Check our International Visits page to see if your country is included.
We provide a range of university preparation and language improvement programmes for international students. Since 1985 over 3000 students have gone on to undergraduate and postgraduate courses at British universities.
- Undergraduate Foundation Programme (Intermediate Certificate Course in Comparative International Studies) - a ten-month programme of academic and language preparation for undergraduate university study in the UK in social sciences, humanities, business and law
- Pre-master's Programme (Foundation Diploma for Postgraduate Studies) - a ten-month pre-master's programme of academic and language preparation for postgraduate study in the UK
- English Language and Academic Studies - a flexible programme of intensive academic English combined with an academic subject and a language/culture course for 3, 6 or 9 months
- Pre-Sessional Courses - 4, 8 and 12 week language improvement courses for students going on to university courses in October each year
- Summer Courses - 3-week courses combining academic and English language study
- In-sessional Academic English and Study Skills - courses to support international students with their studies at SOAS
- Teaching English for Academic Purposes - a course designed for teachers who teach/intend to teach English for Academic purposes to undergraduate or postgraduate students
Details of international visits by IFCELS staff members
- 020 7898 4800