NEWSFLASH! If you would like to be considered for an ICC or FDPS Scholarship worth up to £2000, you need to accept your offer and pay the deposit by the end of May. Acceptance forms and payment need to reach us by midnight on 31st May (UK Time) for you to be eligible. You don't need to apply for the scholarship. All acceptances received by the end of May will automatically be considered for one of 12 awards and winners will be notified by the end of June. See the IFCELS Scholarships page for full details.
LATEST RANKINGS! SOAS has risen five places in both the Guardian 2018 and Complete University Guide 2018 rankings so we are in the top 30 in both. We are also ranked 6th in the world for the highest percentage of international students (54.3%) in the Times Higher Education International Student table 2017. See here for more details.
Check the IFCELS Summer Programme page for the latest information on our 2017 summer programme including an exciting new Advanced Reading and Writing course for final year high school students and recent high school graduates.
We provide a range of university preparation and language improvement programmes for international students. Since 1985 over 3000 students have gone on to undergraduate and postgraduate courses at British universities.
- Undergraduate Foundation Programme (Intermediate Certificate Course in Comparative International Studies) - a ten-month programme of academic and language preparation for undergraduate university study in the UK in social sciences, humanities, business and law
- Pre-master's Programme (Foundation Diploma for Postgraduate Studies) - a ten-month pre-master's programme of academic and language preparation for postgraduate study in the UK
- English Language and Academic Studies - a flexible programme of intensive academic English combined with an academic subject and a language/culture course for 3, 6 or 9 months
- Pre-Sessional Courses - 4, 8 and 12 week language improvement courses for students going on to university courses in October each year
- Summer Courses - 3-week courses combining academic and English language study
- In-sessional Academic English and Study Skills - courses to support international students with their studies at SOAS
- Teaching English for Academic Purposes - a course designed for teachers who teach/intend to teach English for Academic purposes to undergraduate or postgraduate students
Details of international visits by IFCELS staff members
- 020 7898 4800