Short Language Courses starting January 2021
Covid-19 Update: In response to the uncertainty, many have voiced concerns about the delivery of this year's courses. We would like to reassure everyone that SOAS Language Centre's courses will continue to run online for the rest of this academic year. A few new courses will be offered on campus when it is completely safe to do so.
We are now enrolling for our Online Spring term commencing the week beginning 18th January for 10 weeks.
Please be aware that places are first come first served.
Enrolments are taken until the course is fully booked, or up to midnight 10th January, whichever is soonest.
- Please register by the deadline to avoid under-quorum class cancellation
- In order to guarantee a place in a class of the right level and day, please ensure you enrol early.
- Late enrolment could result in a delay in receiving log in details, which could hinder a smooth start to online classes.
Before enrolling, please ensure you have completed the following:
- Read the course information carefully. Click on the course title to visit the webpage with the detailed description of the course and course syllabi.
- Online Course Requirements: The online platform that will be used for our courses is Collaborate via SOAS Bloomsbury Learning Environment (BLE). Please ensure you have checked the Learner Support page for the Collaborate Session Preparation and Checklist: Required Equipment & Software.
- Please read our Terms and Conditions
Click into the relevant heading below to view the full timetable for your target language.
Other Languages Spring Timetable January 2021
Languages of Africa, the Near & Middle East (excl. Arabic), South Asia, South East Asia, Languages of European Origin
Here's what our students have said...
"The (online) lessons are wonderful! They have massively exceeded my expectations. I was apprehensive about the online delivery of these language classes, but it has been very well executed."
"The way the (online) system works is very impressive, the splitting into groups very efficient, and it is quite fun to change groups at each exercise."
"The transition to online learning was surprisingly smooth due in part to the students enthusiasm but also to the flexibility and dedication of our teachers and their passion for teaching. Together, we managed to re-create the positive, lively atmosphere that we had in class due to the camaraderie between students and teachers."