This webpage provides lists of the news databases available at SOAS. You can access newspapers, news wires and news transcripts from around the world.
There are many sources of business news on the web, and it is recommended that you browse several regularly, to keep up with current events. Here are a selection of major global news providers. Check the regional tab on the left for more focused news resources.
- Al-Jazeera (English) An international, multi-award winning news channel with over sixty bureaus around the world that span six different continents. Also available in Arabic.
- Business Week A Bloomberg production, this online magazine is renowned for its business news, trends and profiles of successful businesspeople.
- Forbes A leading US source for reliable business news and financial information.
- Reuters – Business News Provides up to the minute news with an extensive business section.
- FT.com (Financial Times) The online version of the Financial Times with extra features and regular updates. You need a subscription for the latest news ( student rate here ), but you can access up to the previous month via our Access World News database- see the News databases page for details.