- Deadline date
Thanks to the generosity of the Felix Scholarship Trust, a number of Felix Scholarships will be available to Indian nationals with first class degrees to pursue graduate studies at SOAS, University of London. There will be one PhD scholarship for entry in September 2022 and a number of scholarships for Taught Masters programmes for entry in September 2022.
The Felix Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees; living costs and a return air fare.
- Any full time PhD programme or Taught Masters programmes.
- Part-time programmes are not eligible.
- Must be Indian nationals, not currently living or studying outside of India.
- Must not have previously studied for one year or more outside India.
- Felix Master's Alumni who have obtained a distinction at Masters may apply for a PhD Felix scholarship.
- Candidates must have at least a first class Bachelor's degree from an Indian University or comparable institution. We may give priority applicants with a higher first class Bachelor's degree
- Exceptionally those with an upper second-class degree at the Bachelor's level may be considered for PhD, if they hold a first class degree at the Master's level.
- Those who already hold degrees from Universities outside India are not eligible to apply.
- Those who already hold a Master's degree cannot apply for a Master's degree scholarship.
- Those who already hold a PhD cannot apply for a PhD scholarship.
- Those who have already taken up a scholarship to pursue PhD studies at an Indian University are not eligible for a Felix scholarship.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Graduates are expected to return to work in their home country.
Candidates must have submitted a complete application for admission by the scholarship application deadline of 15:00 (GMT) on 28 January 2022.
- Candidates must have an offer of admission by the time shortlisting takes place on 14 February 2022.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2021. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit. Financial Need will also be taken into consideration.
- Only those who have been accepted for admission will be considered for short listing by the SOAS Selection Panel. Shortlisting at SOAS will take place on 14 February 2022.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Applications must be submitted no later than 15:00 (GMT) on 28 January 2022.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You must submit a complete online application to your programme as soon as possible and then submit an electronic application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Notification of Results
Between March and April 2022, the Scholarships Office will notify those who have been shortlisted by the SOAS Panel. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in India between April and May 2022.
Successful candidates will be notified of the outcome end of July 2022. If you have not had a response to your application by July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
Apply for your programme by 15:00 (GMT) on 28 January 2022.
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE online application for admission .
Applicants must have submitted a complete admission to a Research degree or a Master's programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline, 28 January 2022. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV, research proposal (for PhD) and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Apply for the scholarship by 15:00 (GMT) on 28 January 2022.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line Felix Scholarship application form .
About the donor
The donor for the Felix Scholarship wishes to remain anonymous. The administration of the Scholarship is conducted by the three partner universities (SOAS-University of London, University of Oxford and University of Reading), with the support of the Felix Trustees and their agents in London.
The Felix Scholarships Trust now have their own website, which provides information on the Scholarships, and allows Felix alumni to stay in touch.
For enquiries, please contact the Scholarships department:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091