- Deadline date
- Tuition fees, living costs and air fare
Thanks to the generosity of the Felix Scholarship Trust, five Felix Scholarships will be available to Indian nationals with first class degrees to pursue postgraduate studies at SOAS, University of London.
There will be one PhD scholarship for entry in September 2024 and four scholarships for Taught Master's programmes also for entry in September 2024. The Felix Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees, living costs and a return air fare.
- Any full time PhD programme or Taught Master's programmes.
- Part-time programmes are not eligible.
- Must be Indian nationals, not currently living or studying outside of India.
- Must not have previously studied for one year or more outside India.
- Felix Master's Alumni who have obtained a distinction at Master's may apply for a PhD Felix scholarship.
- Candidates must have at least a first class Bachelor's degree from an Indian University or comparable institution. We may give priority to applicants with a higher first class Bachelor's degree.
- Exceptionally, those with an upper second-class degree at the Bachelor's level may be considered for PhD if they hold a first class degree at the Master's level.
- Those who already hold degrees from universities outside India are not eligible to apply.
- Those who already hold a Master's degree cannot apply for a Master's degree scholarship.
- Those who already hold a PhD cannot apply for a PhD scholarship.
- Those who have already taken up a scholarship to pursue PhD studies at an Indian University are not eligible for a Felix scholarship.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Graduates are expected to return to work in their home country.
- Candidates must have submitted a complete application for admission by the scholarship application deadline of 12:00 GMT (midday) on 19 January 2024.
- Candidates must have an offer of admission by the time the SOAS Scholarship Panel meets.
- If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Please note this scholarships does not cover funding Pre-sessionals.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit. Financial need will also be taken into consideration.
- Only those who have been accepted for admission will be considered for short listing by the SOAS Selection Panel.
Scholarship application deadline
- Applications must be submitted no later than 12:00 GMT (midday) on 19 January 2024.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You must submit a complete online application to your programme of study as soon as possible and then submit an electronic application for the scholarship.
- Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Notification of results
The Scholarships Office will notify only those who have been shortlisted by the SOAS Panel by March 2024. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview with members of Felix Trust between April and May 2024. Please note that these interviews are not conducted by SOAS.
Successful candidates will be notified of the outcome by June 2024. If you have not had a response to your application by the end of March 2024 you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship application procedures
You must follow two steps:
Apply for your programme by 12:00 GMT (midday) on 19 January 2024.
Applicants must submit a complete online application for admission:
Applicants must have submitted a complete admission by the scholarship application deadline. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Apply for the scholarship by 12:00 GMT (midday) on 19 January 2024.
You must apply for this scholarship via the online Felix application form
About the donor
The donor for the Felix Scholarship wishes to remain anonymous. The administration of the Scholarship is conducted by the three partner universities (SOAS University of London, University of Oxford and University of Reading), with the support of the Felix Trustees and their agents in London.
The Felix Scholarships Trust now have their own website, which provides information on the Scholarships, and allows Felix alumni to stay in touch.
For enquiries, please contact the Scholarships department:
Phone: +44 (0)20 7074 5090