Neil Kreitman Studentship
- Deadline date
- £6,241 each year for up to 2 years, or £6,241 for one year
The studentship would be opened to applicants proposing to carry out a research project in the field of the Buddhist art, architecture or archaeology of Gandhara or of another Northern Central Asian Buddhist Culture.
For new applicants
The studentship would be tenable at the school for two years, one academic year in the first instance and renewable for another year, subject to annual satisfactory progression (£6,241 each year for up to 2 years).
For current students at SOAS
The scholarship will be for:
- Students enrolled on year 1 - the student will get funding for Year 2 and Year 3 (£6,241 each year for up to 2 years) subject to annual satisfactory progression.
- Students enrolled on year 2 - the student will get funding for Year 3 and Year 4: continuation writing up period (£6,241 each year for up to 2 years)
- Student enrolled on year 3 - the student will get funding for Year 4: continuation - writing up period (£6,241 each year for one year)
- Full-time MPhil/PhD, which involves undertaking research in the field of Buddhist art, architecture or archaeology of Gandhara or of another Northern Central Asian Buddhist Culture
- Part-time programmes are not eligible. Current part-time students must change to full-time status if their application is successful and they elect to accept this award
- Home/EU and Overseas
- New applicants must be starting in September 2023 or be a current MPhil/PhD student at SOAS
- Applicant should hold a good first degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably in a relevant subject and must normally possess or expect to be awarded a Merit or Distinction in their Master’s Degree
- Applicants must submit a research proposal, which must have a primary focus in the field of the Buddhist art, architecture or archaeology of Gandhara or of another Northern Central Asian Buddhist Culture
- New Applicants (new admissions, i.e. starting in September 2023) must submit an application to study at SOAS and then submit an application for this scholarship. In order to be a considered applicants must submit a complete online application to study. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should prepare to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- New Applicants (new admissions, i.e. starting in September 2023) must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 May 2023. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible
- Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
- You will need to have a firm offer for your programme by the time the Scholarship Selection panel meet.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by Selection Panel consisting of three academic members
- For new applicants only: academic references, degree result, research proposal, your statement and other relevant information in your application will be considered to assess the above criteria
- For current students only: an academic reference, degree result, your statement and other relevant information will be considered to assess the above criteria
- For current MPhil/PhD students only a reference is required from your current research supervisor.
- For new applicants, references from your MPhil/PhD admissions application will be used.
Late applications and references will not be accepted.
Scholarship application deadline and application material
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 23:59 (UK local time) on 28 February 2023
- Complete the online Neil Kreitman Studentship application form
- New applicants only (new admissions, starting in September 2023): You must submit a complete application of your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for this scholarship. Please note that complete applications for admission can take 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of results
Successful candidates will be notified by May 2023. If you have not heard from us by then, you should assume your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship application procedures
Further information about PhDs at SOAS University of London is available from: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a two-step procedure:
Step 1: Apply for your programme
- For new students st SOAS: Guidance for applying for a Research Programme and information on what makes an application can be found here for how to apply (reseach).
- For current SOAS students only: If you are currently enrolled on a SOAS MPhil/PhD, do not complete Step 1,. You just need to complete Step 2.
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship by 23:59 (UK local time) on 28 February 2023
You must apply for this scholarship via the online Neil Kreitman Studentship application form.
For enquiries, please contact the Scholarships Department:
Email : email@example.com
Phone : +44 (0)20 7074 5090