SOAS Influencing the Corridors of Power project
Influencing the Corridors of Power (ICOP) is an innovative front-line project which addresses the democratic deficit between UK universities and UK politics.
ICOP does this by being both a platform for academics and for students to write one-page briefings on current and upcoming parliamentary debates and legislation and a conduit for their delivery to all MPs and lords.
Furthermore, ICOP seeks to engage with MPs and lords so that our briefings' evidence-based views and recommendations do not just inform but actually create the policy changes our university population wants to see. Read how our novel approach to disseminating academic research has significantly impacted policy in our First One-Year Review.
We invite fellow academics and students to get in touch with us so that we can help them get their research into Westminster. Full details can be found in the Briefing Template.
- Professor Alison Scott-Baumann – Project Leader
- Hasan Pandor – Member
- Charlotte Moore – Member
- Rana Osman – Researcher
- Dr Seyed Ali Alavi – Researcher
- Katie O'Reilly-Boyles – Knowledge Exchange and Impact Officer
- Nina Arif – Research Assistant
- Sanjana Deen – Researcher
- Dr Khadijah Elshayyal – Researcher
- Professor John Holmwood – Advisor
SOAS ICOP Events
See our recent and past events.